August 9, 2023 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
This training is intended for Youth Prevention (YP) providers who are approved by Texas HHSC to implement Positive Action curricula.
Orientation training for Positive Action instructs participants on how to begin and implement the program by explaining the 3 basic elements of the Positive Action system: knowledge, skills and climate. The training session will cover the PreK-12 curriculum and the outcomes and studies which produced them. This an interactive webinar session that will be conducted with 2 trainers via virtual break-out rooms for group presentations.
• Learn and understand Positive Action as a System – the Knowledge, or content, the Skills taught through the content and the Climate results from delivering the Knowledge and Skills.
• Discover the key elements of the program, such as its alignment to the TEKS and SEL competencies and the whole-child development approach.
• Review the extensive research conducted on Positive Action, the resulting outcomes and recognitions as an evidence-based program.
• Explore the comprehensive tools for delivering the program content and skills in depth with hands-on practice presenting the program lessons and activities.
• Discuss steps on how to successfully implement with fidelity and across the different program types: YPI, YPS, YPU
Continuing Education Hours: 4.5*
Satisfactory completion of continuing education hours (CEHs) requires attending at least 85% of the training duration, participating in activities (e.g., polls, breakout rooms), and completing the training evaluation.
Continuing education certificates will be emailed to participants after participation in all required training components are verified.
Registration priority will be given to YP program staff who have never completed an official Positive Action Training.
Note: there will be a scheduled lunch from 12:00- 1:00pm.
Know Before You Go
To maximize your training experience, please have your complete curriculum kit(s) with you. Training handouts and implementation guides will be provided in electronic format prior to the training. All participants are encouraged to join on camera and expected to fully engage in the training to be eligible to receive a Continuing Education (CE) certificate upon completion.
Please direct any questions about this training to TPT via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-888-878-0865.